Monday, 5 October 2026

Letter To My Mum On Her 65th Birthday By Kingsmith Akinwale

Letter To My Mum On Her 65th Birthday.

My Dearest Momuchi,

Happy 65th Birthday. ❤️

Today is your day, and I honestly don’t know if words can ever fully express what you mean to me and to all of us. But I want to try, because you deserve to hear just how much you are loved, appreciated, and cherished.

When I look back at our lives, I see so much of you in all of us. I see your strength, your courage, your kindness, your prayers, and most of all, your love. You gave so much of yourself to make sure that your children were okay. Many times, you put our needs before your own, and I know there were sacrifices you made that we may never even know about.

Thank you, Momuchi.

Thank you for every sleepless night, every prayer, every word of advice, every correction, every hug, every meal, and every little thing you did simply because you were our mother. Thank you for standing by us through the good times and the difficult ones. Thank you for believing in us, even when we didn't always believe in ourselves.

And then there was the loss of Dad.

I know losing him was not easy for you. You lost your husband, your companion, and someone with whom you had shared so much of your life. Yet somehow, in the middle of your own pain, you still found the strength to be there for us.

You had every reason to break down, but you kept going.

You carried your grief while carrying us. You became stronger for your children when, deep down, you probably needed someone to be strong for you. I may never completely understand the weight you carried during those years, but as I grow older, I appreciate it more and more.

And Mum, I want you to know something: I see you now.

I see the woman behind the mother. I see the sacrifices. I see the strength. I see the love. And I want you to know that none of it was wasted.

You did your best for us, and your best has brought us this far.

As you turn 65 today, I don't want you to look at this birthday as simply another year added to your age. I want you to see it as the beginning of a new and beautiful chapter.

You have spent so many years taking care of everyone else. Now, Mum, I want you to enjoy your life.

I want you to laugh more. Rest more. Travel. Enjoy yourself. Do the things that make you happy. Wake up every morning with peace in your heart, knowing that your children love you and that you have done more than enough.

I want these coming years to be some of the happiest years of your life.

May you finally have the time to enjoy the little things you may have had to sacrifice before. May you wake up without worries. May your heart be lighter. May you have more laughter, more celebrations, more beautiful memories, and more moments that make you say, “Life is good.”

And above everything else, my prayer for you is good health and long life.

May God keep you strong and healthy. May He protect you wherever you go. May He give you many more years to enjoy your children, your grandchildren, and the fruits of everything you have worked and sacrificed for.

I pray that we will have you with us for many, many more birthdays. I want us to celebrate your 70th, your 80th, your 90th, and even beyond. I want you to grow old surrounded by the people who love you, knowing that your life has touched and changed ours in ways that words cannot measure.

Momuchi, if I could give you one thing today, it would be the assurance that you are deeply loved.

Not because of what you have done for us. Not because of what you have sacrificed. Not because you are our mother alone.
Just because you are you.

You are our Mum. And there will never be another you.

Thank you for giving us your heart. Thank you for giving us your strength. Thank you for loving us through everything.
I hope this new chapter brings you the kind of happiness you have spent your life giving to others.

Happy 65th Birthday, my dearest Momuchi.

May the best years of your life begin now. May they be filled with peace, good health, laughter, love, and everything beautiful that you deserve.

I love you more than I can ever properly put into words. 

Happy Birthday, Mum. ❤️
With all my love,
Your 'Mopikin',
Kingsmith Akinwale 

No comments:

Post a Comment