Thursday 7 October 2021

Letter To My Mum On Her Birthday

 Letter To My Mum On Her 60th Birthday.


Today is my mom’s 60th birthday! I can’t believe it! I’m so thankful for the 60 years that the Lord has given her, and hopeful for many more!


Momuchi,

I’ve always been someone who was driven and pursued big things (thank you for teaching me to do that!) but have mistakenly believed that those things are the ones that I would be remembered by. While some achievements may be noticed, one thing I have learned from you is that the person you are is SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT than the things that you do! You’ve done great things in the past 60 years, but they aren’t what I think about when I thank God for you.


I think about the way that you instilled DISCIPLINE in us as kids. How you taught us to not to take life so casual but deliberate!


I think about your OPENNESS and how that helped me to make good decisions growing up. You never cared to exert power over me, but you kindly showed me that you were in charge through talking openly with me and leading by example. 


I think about how you are the type of person who everyone likes to be with simply because you are RELIABLE. I remember having an encounter with a former colleague of yours who after introducing myself asked me; "Did you know that your mom is the strongest and most approachable person I’ve ever met?”. You talk to the people at school…the store….everyone who walks by your house. And you get to know them. Sure, it used to be funny to me 😉 but more so it has taught me to stop and care for people.



I think about how you gave so much of your own energy to raising us, making sure that we had a lot of knowledge with mixture of fun at our disposal. Going to school. Having to read after school. Timing our playing period outside. You are SUCH a good mom! And now, you do the same for my kids at any opportunity you have. Both on phone and in physical! It’s really amazing to see how much you love them, and know that you cared the same about us when we were that small.


Kingsmith Jr and Queensmith loves you too. They loves that you sing for them the last time they saw you. Kingsmith Jr won't stop asking if it's "grandma Okebukun". 😍


Happy birthday Mum! You are so loved and we are so thankful you’ve been given 60 years on this earth!



When I look at you today, I see more than just my mother. I see an incredibly smart, generous, talented, passionate, courageous, beautiful woman who is beyond dedicated to her family. You are an exceptional role model, which has made me strive to be a better human.


I don’t know where in the world you found the tremendous strength to deal with all of life’s challenges you’ve had to face. I will never understand how you managed to tackle, handle, fix, correct, every single one of those challenges with such style and grace.


While most people might consider it an insult if someone said, “You are just like your mother.” Naaayyy. Not Me. I would take that statement as one of the highest of compliments.


I love you, Momuchi. And I pray God give me the whole lot to make you happy for the rest of your life because you deserve every single thing that is of good in life.


Happy 60th birthday, Momuchi.


Your proud Son,

Kingsmith Akinwale David-Saga(Mopikin)




No comments:

Post a Comment