Friday 2 February 2024

Letter To My Daughter On Her 4th Birthday By Kingsmith Akinwale

A LETTER TO MY DAUGHTER(ESPERANZA IBIYEDIEKERE)ON HER 4TH BIRTHDAY.

Dear Queensmith,

Happy Birthday my sweet and sassy baby girl. I can hardly believe you are four years old. What fun this past years has been. Watching you grow has been one of the many highlights of this year. It is safe to say you are one smart cookie.



Catching onto so many things so quickly. Mimicking and copying all that you see and hear. You’re ever so silly, and at times, a little dramatic—but what girl isn’t? Being your dad has taught me how to love deeper than I could have ever EVER imagined.

You are such a cuddle bug. You love to curl up next to me, rest your head on my chest and place your arm across my belly, to sleep or just to disturb me.

Thank you for always granting me my request when I tell you "kiss kiss".

Thank you for giving me your hug always. They are always warmth. I love them.

Thank you for waving goodbye when I'm stepping out sometimes.

I think you are the most kind hearted soul.

You also love to wave and say hello to adults (complete strangers). You are always friendly with them. Most people think it is the cutest thing ever. I’d have to agree. Although, as you start to get older, I’m sure that will make me quite nervous, so I am going to start teaching you all about “stranger danger” because sadly, not everyone in this world is a good person and an innocent child should never have to find that out the hard way.

Thank you for being such a beautiful soul that is always willing to write. I'm confident of the writing skills you will possess when you get older.



Here are the things I NEVER want to forget: 

*I never want to forget the way you smell when you sleep.  A mixture of baby and little girl.  Of sweetness and a little dirt. 

*I never want to forget the coos you make in your sleep.  Or the way you wake up and babble nonsense because you’re not fully awake. 

*I never want to forget your pouty face.  Or the way you furrow your brows and boss people around. 

*I never want to forget the way you’ll wrap your arms around me in a fierce hug before you run off to play.

*I even don’t want to forget the way you’ll hit your brother, and then act like you didn’t do anything wrong.

*And I absolutely never want to forget your laugh.  It’s always come out as a cackle, even when you were younger.  Like you were up to no good.  And half the time you’re not- you little leprechaun.  I love that about you.

I love everything about you.  I think, no I know, that you are going to light the world on fire my little love.  And I will be there cheering you on, every step of the way.

I love you through and through, yesterday, today, and tomorrow too!

Happy 4nd Birthday my Pompom, my Piripiri, My Mewmew, my Mirimiri.

Yours in love,
Your dada(Duuuu)❤️❤️❤️
Kingsmith Akinwale Snr.



No comments:

Post a Comment